1) Give your self time to settle in. Finding appropriate accomodation..
2) Make friends coz it will help you to encounter home sick syndrome..
3) Turn up to classes.. Never be absent from your class since it’s easy to get behind if you miss your class.
4) Keep up with readings..
5) Be positive.. Many students feel anxious and transition to uni can be hard.. Trust in yourself and your abilities..
6) Don’t be afraid to ask for help.. If you are unsure… just ASK..
7) Keep a balance life.. It means eating well, getting enough sleep, going out and having fun, and of course studying..
8 ) Use the services that are there to help you..
9) Plan ahead.. Yout time should be managed well.. Keep a list to do things.. i.e. diary of tasks/assignments so you can meet deadline..
10) Reward yourself.. After finishing an assignment, a final examination or even your final thesis are all things to be celebrated indeed.. 🙂
Cited from FLinders University Health and Counseling Services 2009